Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Washington DC

One year ago this week my mom and I took a trip to Washington DC. I have really never been anywhere like it. I come from a small town with five traffic signals and 3 grocery stores. We used to have a mall but it burned down. So anyway when my mom asked if I would like to go to D.C. I said yes. After not being on a plane for 25 years I was not sure how I would do, but I did fine. I do get pretty bad motion sickness so I thought I would on the plane but not this time. Anyway the trip was great, my mom let me pick the places I wanted to go because she had been to DC before when she lived in West Virginia. One of the places I wanted to go was the pentagon to see where the plane hit it and see the memorial.
Some of the other places we visited were Arlington Cemetery, The National Zoo, The National Cathedral, The Museum of Natural history, The Lincoln Memorial, The Washington Monument , the White House, and many more places. Needless to say we were busy for 4 days walking... So I got blisters and my sciatic kicked in full force, but I had the best vacation I have ever had! And I cant wait to go back!
Arlington Cemetery 



We were at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier   just in time to see the changing of the Guard. These guys guard the tomb 24 hours a day there is always a soldier marching back and forth even in the winter. They have to be like the best of the best. 




I think the best part of the whole trip was the welcome we received when we got to the hotel and I wish I would have taken a picture for proof but I was busy trying to catch the fastest and biggest cockroach I had ever seen so I could throw him out the door!  


I had schoolwork yesterday and today, but am still working on getting name pictures done.  I will be posting them soon. I have been gathering craft and recipe  ideas off pinterest (you can follow me on pinterest through the link at the top of the page that say "pinterest") to try and then blog about on here and I am going to shampoo my carpet to see how good my new carpet cleaner works and show you before and after pictures so you can be the judge.
Have a nice day everyone 

No comments:

Post a Comment